Every week Music Connection partners up with one of our many advertisers and gives away a musical product to a lucky musical person. The prize could be anything from a new guitar, to voice lessons, to recording time, etc. The Winner’s Email is chosen at random every Friday by one of our MC staffers. The Winner is then notified by email or phone. WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE EVERY FRIDAY AFTER 1 P.M.
Enter to Win Eight Music Books From Quarto Publishing
In This Week’s Friday Freebie
Quarto Publishing Group is offering eight books for the music enthusiast.
Pink Floyd: Behind the Wall
By Hugh Fielder
The first complete illustrated history of Pink Floyd from 1965 through today. Author and journalist Fielder gets behind the wall and recounts the band’s entire history, analyzes their recordings and provides a complete discography.
Nirvana: The Complete Illustrated History
By Charles Cross, Gillian G. Gaar, Bob Gendron, Mark Yarm, Todd Martens
The first book to treat fans to a stylishly designed illustrated biography of the band. Performance and off-stage photography, handbills and other memorabilia complement a narrative detailing the band’s tumultuous history.
Gimme Indie Rock: 500 Essential American Underground Rock Albums 1981-1996
By Andrew Earles
Music journalist Earles describes 500 essential indie-rock albums released by 308 bands and artists from coast to coast in markets large and small.
The Big Book of Hair Metal: The Illustrated Oral History of Heavy Metal’s Debauched Decade
By Martin Popoff
Acclaimed heavy-metal journalist Popoff examines hair metal in an all-encompassing oral history jacked up by a kaleidoscope of outrageous and previously unpublished quotes, anecdotes, photos and memorabilia.
We Rock! (Music Lab): A Fun Family Guide for Exploring Rock Music History
By Jason Hanley
This book highlights great songs in rock history, shares insights and stories on the artists, details the social and historical influences at play and offers fun activities for families to do together. Detailed listening guides help music fans understand song structure, lyrics and instrumentation.
The Strat in the Attic 2: More Thrilling Stories of Guitar Archaeology
By Deke Dickerson
Following up his first-of-its-kind The Strat in the Attic, musician, journalist and “guitarchaeologist” Dickerson shares the stories behind dozens of more astounding finds.
The Gibson Les Paul: The Illustrated Story of the Guitar That Changed Rock
By Dave Hunter
This massive illustrated history of the guitar examines its prehistory and origins as well as its evolution in the 60-plus years since its 1952 introduction.
The Fender Stratocaster: The Life & Times of the World’s Greatest Guitar & Its Players
By Dave Hunter
Author Hunter covers the Fender Stratocaster’s history from concept, design and model launch through its numerous variations and right up to the present.
Retail value: $320
About Quarto Publishing Group
Quarto Publishing Group creates big, beautiful books for music enthusiasts. Whether you’re a fan, a musician or both, there’s a book that you’ll want to add to your collection.
About Voyageur Press
Established in 1972, Minneapolis-based Voyageur Press publishes high-quality books and calendars that illuminate, inform and instruct on the appreciation and preservation of American heritage and culture–authentic American life, including pop culture, music, film, sports, cooking, lifestyle and regional topics.
For more books for the music enthusiast, visit our Book Store!
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM:
Contest ends every Thursday night at midnight. One entry per person. For more information, read the rules.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The MC Friday Freebie is open to legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees and agents of Music Connection Inc., and each of their respective co-sponsors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “MC Friday Freebie Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER: The MC Friday Freebie is changed every Friday afternoon. We draw the winners randomly during normal business hours every Friday. You may enter the MC Friday Freebie on this page once per giveaway. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the MC Friday Freebie is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the entry is submitted. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on Friday’s between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., by Sponsor or its designee. The MC Friday Freebie decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the MC Friday Freebie (“Potential Winner”). Potential Winner will be notified by telephone or e-mail. The mailing address of the entrant must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, Sponsor shall declare the potential winner from the entries submitted. Winners are notified by phone or email on Friday of drawing between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Winner must respond to Music Connection within five days of the end-date of the Freebie contest or forfeit the prize. One entry per person (“Entrant”). If more than one entry is submitted, only the first such entry submitted will be accepted. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Sponsors will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the schedull Winner the winner (“Winner”).
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Each Entry will have an equal chance of winning.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Prize will be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable. The Prize will be awarded. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this MC Friday Freebie, participants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules, (b) to release and hold harmless MCI and its Sponsors and the MC Friday Freebie Entities and their respective agents from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, or related to their participation in the MC Friday Freebie and/or their participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)); and (c) to be contacted by Sponsor via e-mail and telephone. By accepting the Prize, Winner consents to the use of the Winner’s name and/or likeness (including his/her email and city and state of residence) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation (except if Winner is a resident of TN or where prohibited by law). All entries will automatically be added to Music Connections Weekly Bulletin list.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason the MC Friday Freebie is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the MC Friday Freebie, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the MC Friday Freebie or web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the MC Friday Freebie without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the MC Friday Freebie.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE MC FRIDAY FREEBIE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this MC Friday Freebie, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this MC Friday Freebie, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this MC Friday Freebie shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Iowa or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Iowa.
13. WINNER’S LIST: Each week the Winner of each Friday Freebie will be posted on the Music Connection website.
14. CANNOT WIN BACK-TO-BACK: If an entrant wins the Friday Freebie, he is not eligible to win another freebie for 30 days.